Tuesday, July 11, 2017

If you want something, do it or go after it!

I was gently reminded by a friend of mine yesterday that I "hadn't updated my blog in a while".
A couple of months probably, I thought.  Today I had a look. Over half a year.  WTF???  How does time slip by so quickly?

One of my favourite sayings comes to mind: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper - the closer to the end it gets, the faster it goes".  Time really does seem to be speeding up.  But of course that is just my perception, or a subjective experience of the Theory of Relativity.

So it's time to crack open the blogging toolbox.  I have observed many people who simply wait for something to happen in their lives.  Then all of a sudden they realize they are 50, or 75, and life has gone by forever.  If you want something to happen in your life, you have to MAKE it happen.

If I want to post more frequently than at embarrassing six-month intervals, then I need to commit to this.  Nike says it best:  Just Do It.

This goes for maintaining a workout plan or starting a new nutrition program.  Neither will happen magically on their own if you just think about these things.  Thoughts and talk are cheap, all that counts is walking the walk.

If you post something on Social Media it can haunt you forever.  This is not the forum in which to make empty promises.  Ergo, if I state here that I will blog with a stipulated frequency, then I am morally bound to keep my word.

So how's this:  I will post AT A MINIMUM once a month.  That's a sixfold improvement from my recent track record.

In the meantime, I do a very good job at Tweeting every day, so when you're bored check out my Twitter handle: @STS_Health

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment